RJD leader Lalu Prasad underwent a successful cardiac surgery in an over six-hour-long procedure on Wednesday at the Asian Heart Institute here.
While on Tuesday, the doctors planned to conduct two procedures, but during the surgery they had to conduct three procedures. A statement released by the hospital said, “The six hours and 15 minutes surgery on Shri Lalu Prasad has just concluded. A team of 20 highly trained doctors performed the surgery.”
According to the hospital officials, Prasad underwent an aortic repair and aortic valve replacement. He also had a 3 mm hole in his heart that was repaired.
The surgery was over by 4 pm following which he was kept under observation. Hospital director Dr Ramakant Panda said, “There were no surprises. We had already informed the family that there were multiple issues in the heart and they were ready.”
The 66-year-old politician from Bihar was admitted in the Asian Heart Institute late Sunday night for a “detailed health-check up” On Tuesday, Dr Vijay D’silva, the hospital’s medical director, had confirmed that Prasad would require a cardiac surgery.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More