RJD leader Lalu Prasad underwent a successful cardiac surgery in an over six-hour-long procedure on Wednesday at the Asian Heart Institute here.
While on Tuesday, the doctors planned to conduct two procedures, but during the surgery they had to conduct three procedures. A statement released by the hospital said, “The six hours and 15 minutes surgery on Shri Lalu Prasad has just concluded. A team of 20 highly trained doctors performed the surgery.”
According to the hospital officials, Prasad underwent an aortic repair and aortic valve replacement. He also had a 3 mm hole in his heart that was repaired.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The surgery was over by 4 pm following which he was kept under observation. Hospital director Dr Ramakant Panda said, “There were no surprises. We had already informed the family that there were multiple issues in the heart and they were ready.”
The 66-year-old politician from Bihar was admitted in the Asian Heart Institute late Sunday night for a “detailed health-check up” On Tuesday, Dr Vijay D’silva, the hospital’s medical director, had confirmed that Prasad would require a cardiac surgery.