The Karnataka Legislative Assembly passed a land reforms bill Friday to make it easier to divert agricultural land for commercial and industrial purposes while also introducing a 10-year deadline for industries to use land awarded to them following conversion of agricultural land.
The Karnataka Land Reforms and Certain Other Law (Amendment ) Bill, 2014, introduced in the Legislative Assembly by Revenue Minister Srinivas Prasad, modified sections of the Karnataka Land Reforms Act, 1961 and the Karnataka Land Revenue Act, 1964 which mandated two separate permissions for diverting agricultural land for non-agricultural purposes.
The Congress government has now modified section 109 of the Karnataka Land Reforms Act, 1961 in such a manner that permission granted to acquire land for non-agricultural purposes under the law can also be deemed as a clearance given under section 95 of the Karnataka Land Revenue Act, 1964.
“Once the permission under section 109 of the Karnataka Land Reform Act, 1961 is taken the permission under section 95 of the Karnataka Land Revenue Act, 1964 is deemed to have been taken as the procedure under the two enactments is similar but is time consuming as separate permission has to be taken under each enactment which results in undue delay,’’ the government has stated.
Once the bill becomes an Act, industries and organisations will no longer have to stand in line for clearances to use agricultural land for commercial purposes under the Karnataka Land Revenue Act if the government clears the purchase of the agricultural land under the Karnataka Land Reforms Act.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More