A special court in Kozhikode on Tuesday sentenced 11 persons, including a seven-member killer gang and three CPI (M) local leaders to life imprisonment in the case pertaining to the murder of CPI (M) rebel leader T P Chandrasekharan. Another accused got three-year rigorous imprisonment.
Last week, the additional session’s court had found 12 persons guilty in the sensational murder case. The court had acquitted 24 others, including CPI (M) Kozhikode district secretariat member P Mohanan, for want of evidence.
The convicted CPI (M) activists are P K Kunhananthan, K C Ramachandran and T Manoj. The prosecution had found that the three CPI (M) men had conspired and hired the supari gang to target Chandrasekharan.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The supari gang members are M C Anoop, Kodi Suni, T K Rajeesh, Kirmani Manoj, S Sijith, Muhammed Shafi and K Shinoj. The other two accused V Rafeeque had arranged the vehicle for the killers and L Pradeepan had helped the accused to hide the weapons. Rafeeque also got life term in the murder case.
Chandrasekharan and a group of CPI (M) leaders had floated a rebel outfit Revolutionary Marxist Party at Onchiyam in Kozhikode district in 2008 following differences of opinion with the party leadership.
The RMP gained ground at Onchiyam, leading to the rout of the CPI (M) in the elections in 2009.