A special court in Kozhikode on Tuesday sentenced 11 persons, including a seven-member killer gang and three CPI (M) local leaders to life imprisonment in the case pertaining to the murder of CPI (M) rebel leader T P Chandrasekharan. Another accused got three-year rigorous imprisonment.
Last week, the additional session’s court had found 12 persons guilty in the sensational murder case. The court had acquitted 24 others, including CPI (M) Kozhikode district secretariat member P Mohanan, for want of evidence.
The convicted CPI (M) activists are P K Kunhananthan, K C Ramachandran and T Manoj. The prosecution had found that the three CPI (M) men had conspired and hired the supari gang to target Chandrasekharan.
The supari gang members are M C Anoop, Kodi Suni, T K Rajeesh, Kirmani Manoj, S Sijith, Muhammed Shafi and K Shinoj. The other two accused V Rafeeque had arranged the vehicle for the killers and L Pradeepan had helped the accused to hide the weapons. Rafeeque also got life term in the murder case.
Chandrasekharan and a group of CPI (M) leaders had floated a rebel outfit Revolutionary Marxist Party at Onchiyam in Kozhikode district in 2008 following differences of opinion with the party leadership.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The RMP gained ground at Onchiyam, leading to the rout of the CPI (M) in the elections in 2009.