Police Tuesday claimed that the accused in the gangrape of a 21-year-old girl in Kolkata, who was arrested on Monday, had befriended the victim about a fortnight ago.
Police also impounded a truck from a garage in city’s Watgunj area in which the six men had allegedly taken turns raping the girl Sunday night. The alleged assailants had brought the girl to the garage, where Mohd Hamid, the arrested accused, used to work as a mechanic.
Police, however, are yet to trace the car the men had used to abduct the girl and bring her to the garage and later drop her at Babughat in Howrah.
Hamid, who was presented in Alipore Court today and has been remanded in police custody till February 3, told the police that he was in an inebriated state when the incident happened.
“Hamid said he had befriended the victim about a fortnight ago. He used to occasionally go to South City Mall where the girl used to work in an outlet to pick up a woman relative of his who works there as well. However, he did not divulge her name,” said P K Ghosh, Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime).
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Ghosh said police were yet to recreate the sequence of events of the fateful night.