With Congress-NCP finalising their seat sharing arrangement in Maharashtra for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections, both coalition partners will now embark on a joint campaign with a public rally here on February 23. Congress sources said the rally will mostly be held in Mumbai and will be attended by leaders of both parties.
A joint campaign committee is likely to be set up in the next few days to plan election and campaign strategy and holding of joint public meetings, sources informed. The final list of seats to be contested by both parties will be declared by February 15. Party sources said even though NCP has declared that it will not give up Kolhapur Lok Sabha seat, congress has not given up its claim on Kolhapur as well as Hingoli.
Sitting Independent MP Sadashiv Mandlik has joined the Congress and will be contesting again from Kolhapur. Similarly, swapping of Raigad constituency with NCP is open for discussion, sources added. Sources said efforts will be taken to ensure better coordination and reduce rebellion among the two coalition partners. “Given the perception of anti-Congress wave in the country, it is in the interest of both parties that their numbers increase to boost the national tally,” sources added.
NCP sources had said on Tuesday that swapping of one or two seats would be done only if there is consensus failing which both parties would contest on the same seats it did last time. “We have demanded Raigad and offered Hatkanangale to the Congress,” state NCP chief Bhaskar Jadhav had said.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest