As the US gears up to host Prime Minister Narendra Modi in September, top American leaders — from both sides of the aisle — and officials are going to visit India this July.
The Indian Express has learnt that US Secretary of State John Kerry, Senior Republican Senator John McCain and US Deputy Secretary of State William Burns will visit India in the coming weeks, with separate itineraries, in a bid to give a fresh momentum to the relationship between the two countries ahead of the much-awaited meeting between US President Barack Obama and Modi.
With US Senator John McCain scheduled to visit India on July 2 and 3, the Indian side is ready to welcome him.
It may be recalled that the Republican Senator has joined the group of legislators urging Congressional leadership to invite Modi to address a joint session of the US Congress.
The Arizona Senator is likely to meet Modi and his national security team.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The US Secretary of State John Kerry will be in Delhi in the last week of July to meet External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and begin work on the deliverables for the Modi visit.
However, before Kerry’s visit, US Deputy Secretary William J Burns will arrive to prepare ground.