Anti-piracy cell of Kerala police on Tuesday arrested a teenager on charges of uploading recently released Malayalam movies on internet. The 16-year-old minor was later released on bail. This is the second case in a week in which a Kerala teenager is caught for uploading movies on internet.
According to police, the higher secondary student had created a website for releasing the movies after taking their illegal copies. He uploaded 50 films last year and around 4 lakh persons had visited the website so far since he created it two years back.
The police have seized documents to show that website companies had transferred money into his account for the illegal operation. Following the complaints of film producers, several websites had withdrawn the movies, the teenager continued with the operation as he was getting money. He had opened the account with the help of fake internet firms in US. The teenager was tracked down as the internet account was created on his name, said police.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Last week, another teenager was arrested after he allegedly uploaded three Malayalam movies on to the internet. He had created three sites in facebook had showed the movies since January, this year. While being arrested on last Friday, the higher secondary student’s ‘Kerala tube’ had around 10,000 hits and 1,000 members, said police.