Anti-piracy cell of Kerala police on Tuesday arrested a teenager on charges of uploading recently released Malayalam movies on internet. The 16-year-old minor was later released on bail. This is the second case in a week in which a Kerala teenager is caught for uploading movies on internet.
According to police, the higher secondary student had created a website for releasing the movies after taking their illegal copies. He uploaded 50 films last year and around 4 lakh persons had visited the website so far since he created it two years back.
The police have seized documents to show that website companies had transferred money into his account for the illegal operation. Following the complaints of film producers, several websites had withdrawn the movies, the teenager continued with the operation as he was getting money. He had opened the account with the help of fake internet firms in US. The teenager was tracked down as the internet account was created on his name, said police.
Last week, another teenager was arrested after he allegedly uploaded three Malayalam movies on to the internet. He had created three sites in facebook had showed the movies since January, this year. While being arrested on last Friday, the higher secondary student’s ‘Kerala tube’ had around 10,000 hits and 1,000 members, said police.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016