A radical outfit allegedly forced a private school in Kerala to abandon rendering of the national song ‘Vande Mataram’ during the Independence Day-eve celebrations, claiming it would hurt the religious sentiments of certain sections of students.
According to school management sources, Social Democratic Party of India (SDPI), a fundamentalist outfit having some pockets of influence in the area, on Thursday gave a letter to the authoritities of TKM Centenary Public School at Karicode insisting on avoiding rendition of “Vande Mataram” as part of the celebrations.
The organisation allegedly told the school authorities that singing ‘Vande Mataram” would hurt the religious sentiments of certain sections and threatened that if its demand was not followed there would be “dangerous consequences”, they said on Friday.
Fearing trouble, the school authorities dropped the singing of the national song but the issue sparked protests from youth organisations of various parties.
Police said no case has been registered so far but the details of the incident were being gathered.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More