The qualification and the breed of the personal staff of Kerala ministers have come to the forefront after senior Congress Minister Aryadan Muhammed’s personal assistant was arrested on murder charges. According to data collected by Advocate D B Binu through Right to Information Act, several ministers are working among the company of mediocre staff members who have not even passed 10th standard. A minister in Kerala can take up to 30 members as personal staff, starting with private secretary to peon.
Educational qualification does not come in the way of local politicians or cronies getting directly recruited into the pool of ministers’ personal staff. The government orders regarding the staff postings show that the personal staff members are appointed by the government based on “notes” provided by ministers’ concerned.
One of the assistant personal secretaries of Tourism Minister A P Anil Kumar only has 10th standard as qualification to fall back on. His five men have not even completed 10th standard. Urban Development Minister M Ali has seven personal staff members who had failed 10th, while three others have merely scraped through that exam. Rural Development Minister K C Joseph has six people who failed in secondary school and nine who passed 10th standard. Joseph and another Congress Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan have one of their additional personal assistants who have not cleared the 10th standard exam.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
IT Minister P K Kunhalikutty has only four post-graduates among his 29-strong personal staff. The high-profile minister’s seven men have not passed 10th standard and five have reached only up till higher secondary. Finance Minister K Mani, who has only a single man from the finance department in his staff, has 12 people who have qualifications below higher secondary. Congress Minister P K Jayalakshmi has promoted four peons to additional private secretaries in 2012.
Minister Aryadan Muhammed’s personal assistant K M Biju, who allegedly killed a woman at Congress’ office, has been camping at the minister’s constituency Nilambur in Malappuram. According to sources, he went to the state capital only to collect a five-digit salary. Aryadan aide’s murder case came close on the heels of Chief Minister Oommen Chandy’s three long-serving personal assistants being sacked on charges of their involvement in solar panel fraud. One of them, Chandy’s gunman Salim Raj, has been arrested on charges of abducting a woman. Raj had hired a supari gang to kidnap the woman. It was also revealed that the Chief Minister’s gunman had been indulging in several criminal activities and using his influence in the Chief Minister’s office. The High Court has observed that charges against Raj were serious and asked for a CBI probe.