Ten minutes before he was to leave strife-torn Libya, an Indian worker was shot dead by Islamic militants in Tripoli on Sunday. The victim was identified as Saloman Daniel, 59, a native of Palamel in Kerala’s Alappuzha district.
Family sources said Daniel has been working as a turner in a company for 10 years. As the battle intensified, the company had asked its staff to move out of Libya.
“My father had called just 10 minutes before the tragedy. He told us that he would reach Thiruvananthapuram airport on Wednesday noon. As there were no direct flights, he was coming via Jordan. He was shot minutes before he was to board a bus to Tunisia border,” said the victim’s son Shaiju.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The family was informed about the tragedy by the colleagues of Daniel, who had come to Kerala on leave two months ago. He used to visit his family once in every couple of years.
Daniel would have stayed in Libya but for the directive from his employer to leave the country in the wake of the civil war.