The Congress Government in Kerala on Monday issued the letter of award (LOA) to Adani Ports and Special Economic Zones Limited for the construction and operation of the proposed Vizhinjam international container transshipment port on PPP model.
Last month, the Cabinet had accepted the bid of the Adani Ports to develop the project, which had no takers in the past despite several rounds of bidding. First phase of the project would cost Rs 7,525 crore.
- Kerala: Adani Group-owned Vizhinjam Port CEO quits
- Adani SEZ gets Kerala nod to build Vizhinjam port
- Kerala Cabinet accepts Adani Group’s bid for construction of Vizhinjam port
- No consensus on bid for Vizhinjam port, Gadkari says project may be shifted to TN
- Vizhinjam Port Project: Govt to convene all party meeting on Adani proposal
- Lone bidder Adani Ports to get Vizhinjam project
Of this, Adani Group would invest Rs 2,454 crore and has sought a grant of Rs 1635 crore from state and central governments.
The LOA issued to the company said the grant of Rs 1635 crore has been accepted. As the next step, the Adani Ports has to execute the concession of agreement within 45 days of the receipt of the LOA.