Another judge of Kerala High Court on Tuesday recused himself from hearing the petitions challenging the CBI special court order which had acquitted CPI(M) politburo member Pinarayi Vijayan and six others in the SNC Lavalin case.
While the petitions of CBI and crime editor T P Nandakumar came up for court’s consideration on Tuesday, high court judge N K Balakrishnan recused himself from hearing the case. Unlike other three judges who had sidestepped from hearing the corruption case, Balakrishnan has given the reason for his decision.
Justice Balakrishnan said he had practiced under senior advocate C K Sreedharan, who is now close to the state government as Congress Kasargode district committee president C K Sreedharan and as special prosecutor in T P Chandrasekharan murder case.
Since the CBI special court acquitted Vijayan and others in the corruption case after admitting their discharge petitions in early November last year, Nandakumar had appraoched the high court with review petition. Three judges, K Harilal, Thomas P Joseph and M l Joseph Francis, one after another, had recused themselves from hearing the case. None of them mentioned the reason for their decision to keep away from hearing the petition.
The decision of the three judges had come under widespread cricitism with Congress MP K Sudhakaran saying that he would approach the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. Retired Supreme Court judge V R Krishna Iyer had demanded the three judges should be impeached.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched