Close on the heels of three local-level party leaders and a gang of contract killers being convicted for the murder of a rebel, the CPM in Kerala is again facing charges of a party-sponsored murder.
In Thrissur, a CPM local secretary and a seven-member gang have been arrested for allegedly murdering a youth, which, according to the police, was a case of mistaken identity. They are also looking at the involvement of other CPM workers in the case.
Thaliyappadathu Navas, 37, was hacked to death at Perinjanam by the gang on March 2. The arrested party leader N K Ramdas had hired the gang to kill BJP activist Kalladan Gireesh, to take revenge for the murder of a young CPM worker in 2008. According to the police, Ramdas monitored the movement of Gireesh and identified a junction he frequented at evening.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The gang was alerted on March 2, but they were wrong on the target and hit Navas who was present there at that time. Two of his friends also sustained injuries.
After the killing, CPM leader Ramdas had called a hartal to protest against the incident. He also took the initiative to collect money to support the victim’s family. On behalf of the party, Ramdas also laid a wreath on Navas’ body. CM Oommen Chandy said the incident showed that the CPM had not abandoned the politics of murder.