Close on the heels of three local-level party leaders and a gang of contract killers being convicted for the murder of a rebel, the CPM in Kerala is again facing charges of a party-sponsored murder.
In Thrissur, a CPM local secretary and a seven-member gang have been arrested for allegedly murdering a youth, which, according to the police, was a case of mistaken identity. They are also looking at the involvement of other CPM workers in the case.
Thaliyappadathu Navas, 37, was hacked to death at Perinjanam by the gang on March 2. The arrested party leader N K Ramdas had hired the gang to kill BJP activist Kalladan Gireesh, to take revenge for the murder of a young CPM worker in 2008. According to the police, Ramdas monitored the movement of Gireesh and identified a junction he frequented at evening.
The gang was alerted on March 2, but they were wrong on the target and hit Navas who was present there at that time. Two of his friends also sustained injuries.
After the killing, CPM leader Ramdas had called a hartal to protest against the incident. He also took the initiative to collect money to support the victim’s family. On behalf of the party, Ramdas also laid a wreath on Navas’ body. CM Oommen Chandy said the incident showed that the CPM had not abandoned the politics of murder.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched