Senior Congress Minister Aryadan Muhammed’s personal assistant was arrested on charges of brutally raping and murdering a woman, who worked as a sweeper at Congress block committee office at the minister’s constituency Nilambur in Malappuram district.
The alleged involvement of Congress minister’s personal assistant in the murder has spelt shadow on the jubilation over the government completing 1000 days in office on Tuesday. Opposition leader V S Achuthanandan said big shots were involved in the heinous crime, but Power Minister Muhammed said he was ready to face any probe.
The arrested personal assistant K M Biju, 38, was also functioning as the Congress block committee office secretary in Nilambur. His friend Kunnassery Shamsudheen, 29, was also arrested in connection with the murder of woman named Radha, 49.
According to police, Radha was missing since February 5 and her family had filed a complaint. On Sunday, a decomposed body was found in a pond near Nilambur. On Monday it was identified as that of Radha.
Police said the woman, a spinster, was smothered to death after brutal rape. Quoting the postmortem report, police said the victim’s private parts had sustained deep wounds. Her mouth and nose were covered with surgical plaster.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The arrested duo confessed to the police that body was kept at the Congress office for a day, after dumping it in the pond. Her mobile phone was discarded at another place, 40 km away from Nilambur. They have reportedly told the police that Biju wanted to finish off Radha fearing that she would reveal his relation with a woman.
Radha’s family members said although she was missing since February 5, the Congress office where she worked did not bother to file a complaint. They alleged that other influential persons were involved in the crime.
Aryadan’s personal secretary Narayana Pillai said Biju was working at Nilambur. “He came to state capital only for collecting salary. Following his arrest, he was removed from the minister’s personal staff.” Months back, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy’s three long-time assistants Tenni Joppan, Salim Raj and Jikkumon Jacob had been removed for their alleged involvement in financial fraud solar scam. Besides, two others were removed from his staff on charges of dereliction of duty.