Senior Congress Minister Aryadan Muhammed’s personal assistant was arrested on charges of brutally raping and murdering a woman, who worked as a sweeper at Congress block committee office at the minister’s constituency Nilambur in Malappuram district.
The alleged involvement of Congress minister’s personal assistant in the murder has spelt shadow on the jubilation over the government completing 1000 days in office on Tuesday. Opposition leader V S Achuthanandan said big shots were involved in the heinous crime, but Power Minister Muhammed said he was ready to face any probe.
The arrested personal assistant K M Biju, 38, was also functioning as the Congress block committee office secretary in Nilambur. His friend Kunnassery Shamsudheen, 29, was also arrested in connection with the murder of woman named Radha, 49.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
According to police, Radha was missing since February 5 and her family had filed a complaint. On Sunday, a decomposed body was found in a pond near Nilambur. On Monday it was identified as that of Radha.
Police said the woman, a spinster, was smothered to death after brutal rape. Quoting the postmortem report, police said the victim’s private parts had sustained deep wounds. Her mouth and nose were covered with surgical plaster.
The arrested duo confessed to the police that body was kept at the Congress office for a day, after dumping it in the pond. Her mobile phone was discarded at another place, 40 km away from Nilambur. They have reportedly told the police that Biju wanted to finish off Radha fearing that she would reveal his relation with a woman.
Radha’s family members said although she was missing since February 5, the Congress office where she worked did not bother to file a complaint. They alleged that other influential persons were involved in the crime.
Aryadan’s personal secretary Narayana Pillai said Biju was working at Nilambur. “He came to state capital only for collecting salary. Following his arrest, he was removed from the minister’s personal staff.” Months back, Chief Minister Oommen Chandy’s three long-time assistants Tenni Joppan, Salim Raj and Jikkumon Jacob had been removed for their alleged involvement in financial fraud solar scam. Besides, two others were removed from his staff on charges of dereliction of duty.