A 27-member celebrity cricket team floated by Kerala film artistes, Kerala Strikers, was offloaded from a Hyderabad-bound Indigo flight at Kochi airport on charges of “misbehaving with crew and creating unruly scene in the flight.”
Indigo is the travel partner of the Kerala Strikers. The team got stranded at the Kochi airport on Friday afternoon, but some of them left for Hyderabad, where they have a match on Saturday, in other flights.
Film artiste and Kerala Strikers team member Edavela Babu said they have not misbehaved with anyone. “After in-flight announcements, we clapped as a mark of travelling together. Soon an air-hostess raised a protest against our action and complained to the pilot, who immediately asked us to deplane,” said Babu.
He said the flight crew should not have reacted in such a manner since the Kerala Strikers is their client.
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
Indigo spokesman was not available for comment, but airport police said the pilot of the flight has given a statement which said the 27-member team created unruly scene minutes before the flight was to take off. They also misbehaved with the crew. Hence, they were offloaded. This was not a complaint seeking action against anyone, but the airlines wanted to inform the police.