Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Saturday said Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal should support BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, as the latter is “honest and patriotic”. Ramdev, who was addressing the media on Saturday, said well before Kejriwal, Modi had challenged the dynastic rule of the country and emerged from the masses as a leader.
“Kejriwal claims that he is representing common people and supports honest people. Who can be more ordinary and honest than Modi? AAP should explain to the people of country their intentions behind deciding to go with the Congress, which is the most corrupt party,” he said.
Ramdev stated that his organisation and volunteers would embark on a nationwide vote for Modi Yatra from the second week of March. “The country requires a good leader who can deliver his promises. This is the reason why despite my monastic vows, I am canvassing for a political leader. Based on experience, I can say that Modi can deliver 70-80 per cent of the promises he makes to the people,” he said.
He added that the BJP’s mistake of being unable to reach out to every voter in the national capital should not be repeated and hence his followers had taken up the task to reach out to voters across the country.
Making his prediction for the upcoming general elections, Ramdev claimed that AAP would create a dent in the Congress vote banks, while its effect on the BJP would be minimal. “More than 90-95 percent of the Congress voters would vote for AAP, while there would be a shift of 5-10 per cent in the BJP vote shares towards AAP, “he said.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
Slamming the taxation reforms in the country, Ramdev called for withdrawal of high-value notes and introduction of a single bank transaction tax. This, he claimed would increase the reserves of the government and help control inflation. “I have discussed the matter with Modi and he agreed that these were good steps for the economy,” he said.