Yoga guru Baba Ramdev on Saturday said Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal should support BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi, as the latter is “honest and patriotic”. Ramdev, who was addressing the media on Saturday, said well before Kejriwal, Modi had challenged the dynastic rule of the country and emerged from the masses as a leader.
“Kejriwal claims that he is representing common people and supports honest people. Who can be more ordinary and honest than Modi? AAP should explain to the people of country their intentions behind deciding to go with the Congress, which is the most corrupt party,” he said.
Ramdev stated that his organisation and volunteers would embark on a nationwide vote for Modi Yatra from the second week of March. “The country requires a good leader who can deliver his promises. This is the reason why despite my monastic vows, I am canvassing for a political leader. Based on experience, I can say that Modi can deliver 70-80 per cent of the promises he makes to the people,” he said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
He added that the BJP’s mistake of being unable to reach out to every voter in the national capital should not be repeated and hence his followers had taken up the task to reach out to voters across the country.
Making his prediction for the upcoming general elections, Ramdev claimed that AAP would create a dent in the Congress vote banks, while its effect on the BJP would be minimal. “More than 90-95 percent of the Congress voters would vote for AAP, while there would be a shift of 5-10 per cent in the BJP vote shares towards AAP, “he said.
Slamming the taxation reforms in the country, Ramdev called for withdrawal of high-value notes and introduction of a single bank transaction tax. This, he claimed would increase the reserves of the government and help control inflation. “I have discussed the matter with Modi and he agreed that these were good steps for the economy,” he said.