On three occasions earlier, Kejriwal had told the Delhi Police that he did not require any security. But this time the government has decided to give him ‘Z’ category VIP security. A full team of around 25 policemen has been deployed to provide mobile as well as static security around his house.
Sources said Kejriwal accepted the ‘Z’ category security around January 26, a few days before he resigned.
While his media advisor, Nagender Sharma, denied this, Special Commissioner of Police (Security), Delhi Police, J K Sharma, confirmed that Kejriwal had accepted the security.
A senior Delhi Police officer added that a temporary structure had been constructed at Kejriwal’s Tilak Lane residence in Lutyens’ Delhi to accommodate the security personnel.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
According to the MHA’s order, the Delhi Police will provide security in the city while the concerned state police will take over when Kejriwal is travelling outside Delhi.