BJP on Tuesday asked former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and the Congress to answer allegations of “improper compromises” by three ex-CJIs during UPA rule, saying the matter was “unfortunate”.
“Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress should come forward and answer the allegations of how different constitutional bodies, including the Judiciary, were misused for political reasons. It is unfortunate and a matter of serious concern,” BJP Vice President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said.
He said Congress and corruption “are made for each other” and the “jugglery” of judicial appointments made by UPA is another example of how the Congress “misused” constitutional bodies. Former Supreme Court judge Markandey Katju, now Chairman of Press Council of India, had yesterday triggered a controversy by alleging that three ex-Chief Justices of India made “improper compromises” during UPA rule in allowing a judge in Tamil Nadu under corruption cloud to continue in office.
The BJP MPs, who met in the Central Hall of Parliament at a meeting of BJP Parliamentary Party chaired by Prime Minister and leader of the party Narendra Modi, also lauded his role for effectively raising India’s concerns at the just-concluded BRICS Summit in Brazil.
The party leaders also congratulated the Prime Minister for getting India the leadership of the BRICS Bank. Finance Minister Arun Jaitley also lauded External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj’s statement on the Gaza situation made in Rajya Sabha on Monday.
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
The party also decided to hold a week-long training camp for personal assistants of BJP MPs in Rambhau Parbodhini in Mumbai.