BJP on Tuesday asked former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and the Congress to answer allegations of “improper compromises” by three ex-CJIs during UPA rule, saying the matter was “unfortunate”.
“Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress should come forward and answer the allegations of how different constitutional bodies, including the Judiciary, were misused for political reasons. It is unfortunate and a matter of serious concern,” BJP Vice President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said.
He said Congress and corruption “are made for each other” and the “jugglery” of judicial appointments made by UPA is another example of how the Congress “misused” constitutional bodies. Former Supreme Court judge Markandey Katju, now Chairman of Press Council of India, had yesterday triggered a controversy by alleging that three ex-Chief Justices of India made “improper compromises” during UPA rule in allowing a judge in Tamil Nadu under corruption cloud to continue in office.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
The BJP MPs, who met in the Central Hall of Parliament at a meeting of BJP Parliamentary Party chaired by Prime Minister and leader of the party Narendra Modi, also lauded his role for effectively raising India’s concerns at the just-concluded BRICS Summit in Brazil.
The party leaders also congratulated the Prime Minister for getting India the leadership of the BRICS Bank. Finance Minister Arun Jaitley also lauded External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj’s statement on the Gaza situation made in Rajya Sabha on Monday.
The party also decided to hold a week-long training camp for personal assistants of BJP MPs in Rambhau Parbodhini in Mumbai.