Press Council of India Chairperson Justice Markandey Katju reiterated that former CJI S H Kapadia did not act against corruption in higher judiciary.
In his latest blog, Justice Katju said that Justice Kapadia failed to take action against a “corrupt” judge in the Allahabad High Court. “In response to my statement Justice Kapadia has said that he did not remember this . It is strange that he has no recollection of this, but the record would be existing with the intelligence agency concerned, and perhaps also in the official file of the Chief Justice.”
He added, “Justice Kapadia also said that he did not bring any Judge to the Supreme Court who was unfit. I may remind him that the Supreme Court Collegium, headed by CJI K.G. Balakrishnan, and of which Justice Kapadia was a member, almost succeeded in bringing a totally unfit person into the Supreme Court.”
Meanwhile, strongly defending the collegium system, Chief Justice of India (CJI) R M Lodha on Monday lashed out at a “campaign” to defame the judiciary and to tarnish its image in the eye of public.
A bench led by the CJI pointed out that the campaign to disrespect judiciary was doing great damage to an important organ of the system.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Such campaigns should not shake the confidence of people in the judiciary by defaming it. No system is perfect, no one is perfect, the society is not perfect and we all are from the society,” he said.