Kathleen Stephens, the new US interim Ambassador, on Friday took charge of the American Embassy in New Delhi and said she was looking forward to working with India for strengthening and broadening the Indo-US partnership.
“I particularly look forward to working with our Indian partners to increase our shared prosperity by growing our trade and investment, enhancing regional security and economic integration,” she said.
Stephens, who arrived in the national capital Thursday night, took charge after former US Ambassador Nancy Powell left India on May 22 having announced the end of her tenure in March this year.
Stephens also spoke about working with India for “successful transitions in Afghanistan, expanding counter-terrorism and law enforcement cooperation, and further developing our outstanding people-to-people ties”. She will head the US mission until a new permanent ambassador is nominated and confirmed by the US Senate.
A career foreign service officer, Stephens was US ambassador to South Korea from 2008 to 2011 and previously served in senior positions in Washington, Asia and Europe.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More