Kathleen Stephens, the new US interim Ambassador, on Friday took charge of the American Embassy in New Delhi and said she was looking forward to working with India for strengthening and broadening the Indo-US partnership.
“I particularly look forward to working with our Indian partners to increase our shared prosperity by growing our trade and investment, enhancing regional security and economic integration,” she said.
Stephens, who arrived in the national capital Thursday night, took charge after former US Ambassador Nancy Powell left India on May 22 having announced the end of her tenure in March this year.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Stephens also spoke about working with India for “successful transitions in Afghanistan, expanding counter-terrorism and law enforcement cooperation, and further developing our outstanding people-to-people ties”. She will head the US mission until a new permanent ambassador is nominated and confirmed by the US Senate.
A career foreign service officer, Stephens was US ambassador to South Korea from 2008 to 2011 and previously served in senior positions in Washington, Asia and Europe.