Apparently mistaking fire-crackers for a militant attack, personal security guards of an officer posted in the Chief Minister’s Office opened fire, sparking panic in Baramulla town in Kashmir Valley.
The security personnel of the Officer on Special Duty opened fire after hearing some blasts near his residence at Kanispora in Baramulla lateon Wednesday night, police sources said.
Preliminary investigations revealed a marriage function was on in the vicinity of the officer’s residence and some fire-crackers were burst in celebrations, the sources said.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
They said a police team rushed to the scene to investigate the matter but there was no evidence of a militant attack in nearly 50-mt radius.
A police spokesman said the matter was being investigated but refused to give details.