Apparently mistaking fire-crackers for a militant attack, personal security guards of an officer posted in the Chief Minister’s Office opened fire, sparking panic in Baramulla town in Kashmir Valley.
The security personnel of the Officer on Special Duty opened fire after hearing some blasts near his residence at Kanispora in Baramulla lateon Wednesday night, police sources said.
Preliminary investigations revealed a marriage function was on in the vicinity of the officer’s residence and some fire-crackers were burst in celebrations, the sources said.
They said a police team rushed to the scene to investigate the matter but there was no evidence of a militant attack in nearly 50-mt radius.
A police spokesman said the matter was being investigated but refused to give details.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review