The Karnataka unit of the BJP on Friday attacked CM Siddaramaiah for turning down an invitation from Narendra Modi to attend his swearing-in on Monday.
Even as the BJP in Karnataka tweeted, “Modi sends invitation to Karnataka CM to attend PM’s swearing-in ceremony on 26th…” on Saturday morning, Siddaramaiah said he would not attend. He is scheduled to inaugurate a road underpass project near the Indian Institute of Science among other engagements on Monday.
Reacting to the CM’s response, former BJP deputy CM R Ashok said, “He should accept the invitation. He will be accorded great respect. The PM of Pakistan has accepted the invitation but the CM of Karnataka has not.”
Siddaramaiah, along with Kerala CM Oommen Chandy, were the only Congress leaders to hold their own to some extent in the face of a Modi wave, contributing nine seats to the Congress’s national kitty.
In the course of the election campaign, Siddaramaiah was one of the most vocal attackers of Modi. He had called the then Gujarat CM a mass murderer for which he was pulled up by the Election Commission.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016