The state police has held that the Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi did not commit violation of rules by jumping atop a police vehicle during his visit to attend a Youth Congress march at Nooranad in Alappuzha district earlier this month.
In a report submitted today before the First Class Judicial Magistrate Court at Mavelikkara, Sub Inspector of Police R Pius said it was on a suggestion from the security guards that Gandhi jumped on top of the vehicle as there had been surge of crowd when he joined the January 13 march.
The court on January 16 asked the police to submit a report on the action they had taken on a complaint lodged by a local NCP leader, Mujib Rahman. Rahman wanted the police to register a case against Gandhi holding his action amounted to violation of Section 123 of the Motor Vehicle Act.
As the police allegedly declined to take action on his complaint, he had moved the court seeking a direction to the police to submit a report on the action they had taken on the complaint. The Magistrate posted further proceedings on the matter to February 28.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016