Holding it “responsible for demolition of Babri Masjid” and terming it a “fascist” group which can lead to fragmentation of India, the Jamiat Ulema-e-Hind, headed by Maulana Arshad Madani, Saturday demanded a ban on the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS).
“RSS should be banned. It is necessary for maintaining unity in the country. It is spreading hatred between Hindus and Muslims.
If it happens, the country will be divided. Such organisations are the enemy of the country and should be banned,” Madani said at a JUH meeting.
- Assam cops to quiz Jamiat chief Madani for 'provocative' statement
- FIRs filed against Jamiat Ulema-e-Hind chief; Assam Police examining 'provocative speech'
- Beef ban, Muslim reservation on Jamiat agenda for Mumbai meet
- The choice,the bottomline
- Jamiat plans rally in Varanasi on April 19 to remind SP of its poll promises
- Ayodhya: Deobandi cleric asks Muslims to accept verdict
Madani also lashed out against the “right wing” forces spreading hatred in the name of “love jihad” and “ghar wapsi” for political mileage.
“Those, who are creating hatred by talking about ‘ghar wapsi’ and ‘Hindu rashtra’ are presenting a wrong picture of their own religion. Such programmes lead to communal tension and hatred between two communities.
They are being raised for taking political advantage,” Madani said. He also questioned the silence of PM Narendra Modi on such issues.