Four days after security forces killed three fidayeens during a day-long encounter in Janglote area along the Jammu-Pathankote national highway, Jammu Kashmir Police and security forces launched joint searches for two suspected terrorists in nearby Ghatti area of Kathua district today.
The searches followed inputs from a local that he had seen two suspects at a local temple in the morning. Since then, the searches have been going on in the area, but no suspect has been found so far, said Kathua Superindent of Police Mohan Lal.
Since Friday last, this has been the second time that police and security forces have launched searches for suspects following information from locals in different areas in the area. Earlier, they were informed by a local driver about the sighting of two suspects at a tube well in Dinga Amb area, but the inputs later turned out to be hoax, SP said.
Three heavily armed terrorists had on Friday killed three people including an army soldier in twin attacks at Dayalachak and an army camp in Janglote area along the national highway. In a day long encounter with security forces, all the three terrorists were killed and huge quantity of arms and ammunition seized from them.
Since then, both police and security forces have been maintaining highest alert across the state as there have already been reports about terrorists planning to disrupt Lok Sabha elections which are beginning in phases from April 10. Kathua, which falls in Udhampur parliamentary constituency, is going to polls during the second phase on April 17.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest