A youth was killed and two others were injured when security forces allegedly opened fire to chase away stone-pelting protesters in Srinagar on Wednesday, police sources said.
The protests erupted in Nawa Kadal area in interior of the city when security forces were being withdrawn after poll duty, they said.
Bashir Ahmad Bhat, aged 24, was killed and Nazir Ahmad and Haleema were injured when security forces allegedly opened fire to restore law and order, the sources said.
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
Ahmad was hit by a bullet and was admitted in Soura Medical Institute in a critical condition.
Haleema, who suffered injuries in pellet fire, was being treated at SMHS hospital, the sources said.
Srinagar Lok Sabha constituency went to polls today amid a boycott call by separatists.
The polling was by and large peaceful but as security forces were being withdrawn, stone-pelting incidents were reported from various parts of the city.