Jammu and Kashmir, Director General of Police, K Rajendra Kumar, has asserted that his force is prepared to take on any threat from terrorists. He said this is in response to a query on a recent call by an al Qaeda leader asking people of Kashmir for jehad.
When asked about the recent call from the al Qaeda leader for jehad especially in view of the spurt in level of terrorist violence in Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iraq, the state police chief said, “We are alert to the threat and prepared to handle any sort of emergency situation effectively.”
“We have been fighting terrorism for the last over two and a half decade”, he said, adding that it is on the decline as people are not in favour of violence.
“Day before yesterday, the state police killed a group of three top terrorists of a particular outfit in the Valley. Next day, we apprehended a top terrorist, again of Pakistan origin and owing allegiance to Lashkar-e-Toiba outfit in Kulgam, while another terrorist was found dead there the same day,” he further said. All this show that the people are coming forward with information so that the police are able to contain them, he pointed out.
As compared to last year, the level of infiltration has come down, claimed Kumar, who was on a two-day visit to Jammu region reviewing law-and-order situation.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“We have a very sound anti-infiltration mechanism on the borders, we have a sound intelligence system as well”, he said, adding that the state police along with security forces were prepared to handle any sort of emergency situation effectively.
About the upcoming Amarnath yatra to South Kashmir Himalayas, he said that though there have been no specific inputs about terrorist threats this time, adequate security arrangements have been put in place along the yatra routes right from Lakhanpur to Baltal and Pahalgam and from there to the cave shrine. There is perfect synergy among all the forces and they are working shoulder to shoulder with each other to ensure safe and secure environment to people of the state, he added.