Some miscreants on Wednesday hoisted a Pakistani flag in Kishtwar town where Muslims observed bandh during the day in protest against the killing of civilians by unidentified gunmen in the Valley.
- Delhi markets shutdown highlights: Market shutdown takes effect on day one; BJP, AAP trade charges
- Karnataka Bandh: Row over Mahadayi river disrupts normal life, BJP terms shutdown as ‘politically motivated’
- Karnataka bandh LIVE UPDATES: Congress trying to stop PM Modi’s rally by calling for state shutdown, says Amit Shah
- Maharashtra bandh highlights: Dalit groups call off bandh, govt to probe incidents of violence
- Assam community warns ULFA over killing of father-son duo in Tinsukia
- Kashmir unrest: In solidarity with protestors, Muslims in Ramban observe bandh
Sources said that call for bandh was given by local Muslim leaders. However, the bandh was partial as it was confined only to the Muslim community who had closed their business establishments.
Though the bandh passed off peacefully with no incident of violence reported from any place, sources said that a Pakistani flag was seen hoisted in the local play ground. It was immediately removed by local police.