Suspected militants on Friday shot at and injured a policeman and snatched away his rifle in Shopian district of Jammu and Kashmir — the third incident of a weapon theft in south Kashmir in two weeks.
- Pulwama CRPF camp attack: Valley encounter ends, Afzal Guru ‘badla’ was inscribed on gun seized
- Pulwama attack: Militants storm CRPF training camp, kill 5 men
- Here is a list of security personnel martyred in J&K
- J&K: ‘Woman killed by stray bullet was watching encounter from home’
- Jammu and Kashmir: BSF constable dragged out of his home, shot dead by militants
- Suspected militants snatch rifle from policeman after shooting at him
Shopian SP Altaf Khan told The Indian Express that suspected militiants attacked constable Sartaj Khan, deployed at a branch of Jammu and Kashmir Bank in the town, and fled with his rifle. The constable was rushed to a hospital, where his condition is stated to be stable.
A case has been registered in this regard, said the SP.
On Tuesday, the service rifle of a policeman, posted at the Pulwama district hospital, was stolen by unidentified persons. A few days earlier on May 21, the driver of BJP’s Pulwama, Gulzar Ahmad, decamped with the rifle of a policeman guarding the politician. Police have arrested the driver, but the weapon was still untraceable.