A militant, associated with Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammad outfit, was killed in a gunbattle with security forces in Pulwama district of Jammu and Kashhmir, Police said on Thursday.
Syed Mawia, a foreign militant affiliated with JEM, was found dead at an orchard in Tral, 45 kms from Srinagar, two days after he got injured in a gunbattle near Dadsara-Amirabad village, a police spokesman said.
Acting on a tip-off about movement of militants during the night hours, the spokesman said police and Army had laid an ambush near Dadsara-Amirabad on May 6.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“Late in the evenings, the ambush team reported some movement. The team asked them to stop and reveal their identity but the militants retaliated with heavy fire, ensuing an encounter,” the spokesman said.
However, the militants taking advantage of darkness and vegetation managed to escape.
“Following the encounter, the ambush team detected blood stain marks on the trails of the fleeing militants. Next morning police recovered an AK 47 rifle near the encounter site believed to be that of the injured militant.
“Today police retrieved the body of the injured militant from an orchard at Panzoo village of Tral. The slain militant has been identified as Syed Mawia who was involved in the recent killing of Numbardar (headman) Mohammad Anwar at village Amlar,” the spokesman said.