BY ADIL AKHZER
A stall setup by Millat Publications — a publication house run by Hurriyat Conference — is the main attraction at a book fair organised by the National Book Trust (NBT) in Kashmir.
On display are books on religion and Kashmir’s “freedom movement”, which are mostly authored by Geelani.
“A large number of people are visiting our stall,” Mohammad Afzal who manages the stall told The Indian Express. “We are doing better business than most of the other publishing houses at the fair”.
Visitors at the fair, particularly youngsters, are flocking to the stall. “This is a rare chance for me to buy such books. We rarely find them at other places,” said Mohammad Muntazir, a government employee. “I bought three books about Kashmir that I found very interesting.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
In a rare outing last year, Hurriyat Chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani visited the book fair organized by the NBT at Sri Pratap College in Srinagar.
This year, the Srinagar book fair was organized at the Srinagar’s Kashmir Haat by the NBT. The fair will end on August 31.