BY ADIL AKHZER
A stall setup by Millat Publications — a publication house run by Hurriyat Conference — is the main attraction at a book fair organised by the National Book Trust (NBT) in Kashmir.
On display are books on religion and Kashmir’s “freedom movement”, which are mostly authored by Geelani.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“A large number of people are visiting our stall,” Mohammad Afzal who manages the stall told The Indian Express. “We are doing better business than most of the other publishing houses at the fair”.
Visitors at the fair, particularly youngsters, are flocking to the stall. “This is a rare chance for me to buy such books. We rarely find them at other places,” said Mohammad Muntazir, a government employee. “I bought three books about Kashmir that I found very interesting.”
In a rare outing last year, Hurriyat Chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani visited the book fair organized by the NBT at Sri Pratap College in Srinagar.
This year, the Srinagar book fair was organized at the Srinagar’s Kashmir Haat by the NBT. The fair will end on August 31.