A constable of the Jammu and Kashmir Police gunned down two women with his service rifle before shooting himself dead with the same weapon in Kalakote area of Rajouri district on Monday morning.
Identified as constable Sanjay Singh, sources said that he was posted at Kalakote police station. The deceased include Urmila Kumari wife of SPO Chaman Lal and her sister Nisha Kumari.
Additional SP Nowshera Rakesh Kumar said that the constable had left police station along with his service weapon without informing anyone around midnight. He appears to have gone to the house of SPO at Thermal Colony and gunned down both the women before committing suicide with the same weapon.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
While police are yet to ascertain the cause of provocation, tension broke out in the colony with people holding protest over the killings. The situation was defused following intervention by senior police officers.