Two days ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Jammu and Kashmir, security forces on Wednesday foiled an infiltration attempt by terrorists from across the Line of Control (LoC) in Krishna Ghati area of Poonch district.
Giving details, sources said that Army troops noticed a group of terrorists trying to sneak into the Indian territory from across the LoC around 2 am. “The terrorists opened fire after being noticed forcing the troops to retaliate. The fire exchange between two sides continued for some time and the terrorists fled back to the side of Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK) taking advantage of thick foliage and darkness”, sources said.
A defence ministry spokesman, Lt Colonel Maneesh Chibber confirmed the incident, saying that “an infiltration attempt by a group of terrorists was foiled by our alert troops in Krishna Ghati sector post midnight on July 2.”
Incidently, the foiled infiltration attempt comes two days ahead of PM Modi’s maiden visit to Jammu Kashmir. Modi on Friday will inaugurate train service between Udhampur and Katra before flying to Srinagar, where he is expected to review law and order situation.
Meanwhile, police and security forces have been put on high alert across the state in view Prime Minister’s visit on Friday.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More