Two days ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Jammu and Kashmir, security forces on Wednesday foiled an infiltration attempt by terrorists from across the Line of Control (LoC) in Krishna Ghati area of Poonch district.
Giving details, sources said that Army troops noticed a group of terrorists trying to sneak into the Indian territory from across the LoC around 2 am. “The terrorists opened fire after being noticed forcing the troops to retaliate. The fire exchange between two sides continued for some time and the terrorists fled back to the side of Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK) taking advantage of thick foliage and darkness”, sources said.
A defence ministry spokesman, Lt Colonel Maneesh Chibber confirmed the incident, saying that “an infiltration attempt by a group of terrorists was foiled by our alert troops in Krishna Ghati sector post midnight on July 2.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Incidently, the foiled infiltration attempt comes two days ahead of PM Modi’s maiden visit to Jammu Kashmir. Modi on Friday will inaugurate train service between Udhampur and Katra before flying to Srinagar, where he is expected to review law and order situation.
Meanwhile, police and security forces have been put on high alert across the state in view Prime Minister’s visit on Friday.