While ruling out the possibility of the formation of a government either under the Congress or the BJP after next Lok Sabha polls, JD(U) president Sharad Yadav Saturday said there was nothing new about multiple contenders for the prime ministership in the third front.
Briefing the media on deliberations at the two-day meeting of party central office-bearers, state presidents and general secretaries, Yadav said V P Singh, Chandra Shekhar, Devi Lal, R K Hegde and Deve Gowda were all PM candidates, but their conflicting claims did not come in the way of the formation of a third front government. “We formed governments four times,” he said, adding that the BJP could form government only once under the leadership of Atal Bihari Vajpayee. “We never announced a PM candidate,” Yadav said. He took a swipe at the BJP by suggesting it could set up a replica of the Red Fort and have its PM sworn in by P A Sangma (its unsuccessful presidential candidate).
He said the BJP had embarked on a “separate track assuming that it can take the cake and eat it too though all of us (opposition parties) had created the present (anti-Congress) atmosphere through our joint efforts”.
Taking exception to the use of the expression “third rate” by BJP PM candidate Narendra Modi, he said he could predict at least one thing — neither Congress, nor BJP will be able to get power at the Centre. The party will step up efforts to unite the parties which participated in the October 30 anti-communalism convention last year and the February 5 meeting here.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest