The Janata Dal (United) is likely to nominate party national president Sharad Yadav, Pawan Kumar Verma and party national general secretary Ghulam Rasool Baliyawi to Rajya Sabha against three vacancies. Verma is the cultural advisor to Chief Minister Jitan Manjhi
The party wanted to give a seat to Congress to strike a formal alliance with it but could not do so because of apprehensions of some dissidents voting against the party candidate.
A formal announcement over the Rajya Sabha nominations from Bihar will be made soon. In a related development, JD(U) rebels have decided to support Independent Rajya Sabha candidates Anil Sharma, Sabir Ali and Dilip Jaiswal.
Meanwhile, the party has expelled its Mahua legislator for questioning Nitish Kumar’s leadership.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More