The Janata Dal (United) is likely to nominate party national president Sharad Yadav, Pawan Kumar Verma and party national general secretary Ghulam Rasool Baliyawi to Rajya Sabha against three vacancies. Verma is the cultural advisor to Chief Minister Jitan Manjhi
The party wanted to give a seat to Congress to strike a formal alliance with it but could not do so because of apprehensions of some dissidents voting against the party candidate.
A formal announcement over the Rajya Sabha nominations from Bihar will be made soon. In a related development, JD(U) rebels have decided to support Independent Rajya Sabha candidates Anil Sharma, Sabir Ali and Dilip Jaiswal.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Meanwhile, the party has expelled its Mahua legislator for questioning Nitish Kumar’s leadership.