Denying reprieve to INLD leader Ajay Chautala, the Supreme Court Friday refused to interfere with his conviction and 10-year jail term at this stage in the teachers’ recruitment scam case.
A bench of Justices FMI Kalifulla and Shiva Kirti Singh said that prima facie the trial court and the Delhi High Court judgments appear to be based on sound reasoning and deserved no interdiction.
The bench, however, gave him liberty to file a plea for interim bail or parole on medical grounds.
- HC grants 2-week parole to Chautala to look after ailing wife
- HC seeks Delhi govt’s response on INLD chief O P Chautala’s plea for parole
- DA case: Court asks AIIMS director to examine INLD leader Ajay Chautala
- Delhi High Court extends Ajay Chautala’s bail till Nov 21
- Teachers recruitment scam: HC extends bail of Chautalas
- Ajay Chautala granted bail by High Court
Ajay Chautala, his father and former Haryana chief minister O P Chautala along with three others are serving 10 years’ jail term in the case. Ajay had sought suspension of the sentence, alleging that the High Court judge has not examined evidence properly.