Close on the heels of ordering a judicial probe into the Porur building crash which claimed 61 lives, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa Sunday announced the setting up of a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to investigate the matter.
“Under the supervision of the Commissioner of Police, a SIT will be set up comprising experts in engineering and architecture. The team will be headed by a Joint Commissioner of Police,” she said in a statement here.
The SIT will get assistance from experts from the Indian Institute of Technology, Public Works Department, the Anna University and other varsities in the probe into the collapse of 11-storey under construction building that also left 27 injured, the statement said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The police have already registered a case and arrested six persons in connection with the incident that occurred on June 28.
The government has already announced a one man commission probe headed by Justice (retd) R Raghupathy.