Close on the heels of ordering a judicial probe into the Porur building crash which claimed 61 lives, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa Sunday announced the setting up of a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to investigate the matter.
“Under the supervision of the Commissioner of Police, a SIT will be set up comprising experts in engineering and architecture. The team will be headed by a Joint Commissioner of Police,” she said in a statement here.
The SIT will get assistance from experts from the Indian Institute of Technology, Public Works Department, the Anna University and other varsities in the probe into the collapse of 11-storey under construction building that also left 27 injured, the statement said.
The police have already registered a case and arrested six persons in connection with the incident that occurred on June 28.
The government has already announced a one man commission probe headed by Justice (retd) R Raghupathy.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review