With an aim to prevent energy loss from the transmission grid and reduce electricity maintenance charges, Chief Minister, Jayalalitha, on Thursday, inaugurated several power projects valued at Rs 394.49 crores, including setting up of a 110kV power station in Tiruchirapalli district.
A total of 51 substations, three 230kV, 28 110kV and 20 33kV substations were inaugurated by the Chief Minister through video-conference from the Secretariat, an official press release said.
She also inaugurated a Short Messaging Service alert facility for consumers to get details of electricity bills. The SMS facility would benefit two crore customers as they would receive information on usage of power, with electricity charges and the last date for payment of bill on their mobile phones, it said.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
“The projects inaugurated by the Chief Minister are valued at Rs 394.49 crore”, the press release said. It also said the projects were aimed at preventing loss of energy from the transmission grid and to reduce electricity maintenance charges. Electricity Minister, Natham R Viswanathan; Chief Secretary, Mohan Varghese Chunkath; Tamil Nadu Government Adviser, Sheila Balakrishnan and other officials participated in the function, the release added.