With an aim to prevent energy loss from the transmission grid and reduce electricity maintenance charges, Chief Minister, Jayalalitha, on Thursday, inaugurated several power projects valued at Rs 394.49 crores, including setting up of a 110kV power station in Tiruchirapalli district.
A total of 51 substations, three 230kV, 28 110kV and 20 33kV substations were inaugurated by the Chief Minister through video-conference from the Secretariat, an official press release said.
She also inaugurated a Short Messaging Service alert facility for consumers to get details of electricity bills. The SMS facility would benefit two crore customers as they would receive information on usage of power, with electricity charges and the last date for payment of bill on their mobile phones, it said.
“The projects inaugurated by the Chief Minister are valued at Rs 394.49 crore”, the press release said. It also said the projects were aimed at preventing loss of energy from the transmission grid and to reduce electricity maintenance charges. Electricity Minister, Natham R Viswanathan; Chief Secretary, Mohan Varghese Chunkath; Tamil Nadu Government Adviser, Sheila Balakrishnan and other officials participated in the function, the release added.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More