Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Thursday sought the personal intervention of Prime Minister Narendra Modi in securing release of an Indian aid worker who was abducted from Herat in Afghanistan on June 2.
Noting that Father Alexis Prem Kumar, hailing from Dindigul district, was on a ‘humanitarian mission’ in Afghanistan when he was kidnapped, she said, “The incident has caused considerable anxiety to his family and friends in Tamil Nadu”.
In her letter to Modi, Jayalalithaa said there was a groundswell of sentiment in different parts of the state as Prem Kumar has a “stellar record” of having worked among tribal women and children for their welfare.
“There is a fear that his life may be in mortal danger”, she said.
“Hence I would be grateful if you could kindly intervene personally and take up the matter at the highest level in Afghanisthan so that the local authorities redouble their efforts to secure the safe and early release of Father Alexis Prem Kumar”, she said.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
One person has been arrested by Afghan security forces in connection with the abduction of Prem Kumar.
The Afghan authorities have already conveyed to India that they have arrested one person who had helped carry out the abduction of 47-year-old Kumar.