Rolling out yet another pro-poor measure, the Jayalalithaa government, on Wednesday, launched three varieties of low-cost salt, named after the Chief Minister herself. Jayalalithaa launched ‘Amma Salt’ at the Secretariat in Chennai, which follows up her government’s earlier initiatives like the subsidised ‘Amma’ Canteens and ‘Amma’ Mineral Water.
Jayalalithaa is addressed as ‘Amma’ (Mother) by her supporters. She launched three varieties- Double Fortified, Low Sodium and Refined Free Flow Iodized Salt under the ‘Amma’ Salt banner. ‘Amma Salt’, an initiative of the Tamil Nadu Salt Corporation, will now be available in the open market at prices lesser than those of private producers.
A state government release in Chennai said rates of salt by private producers in open market were Rs 25, Rs 21, and Rs 14 for Low Sodium, Double Fortified and Refined Free Flow Iodized Salt, respectively. The government will sell the same varieties of ‘Amma Salt’ at Rs 21, Rs 14 and Rs 10, it added.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
The ruling AIADMK’s other freebies include rice, mixer-grinder and fans and milch animals for respective beneficiaries.