Rolling out yet another pro-poor measure, the Jayalalithaa government, on Wednesday, launched three varieties of low-cost salt, named after the Chief Minister herself. Jayalalithaa launched ‘Amma Salt’ at the Secretariat in Chennai, which follows up her government’s earlier initiatives like the subsidised ‘Amma’ Canteens and ‘Amma’ Mineral Water.
Jayalalithaa is addressed as ‘Amma’ (Mother) by her supporters. She launched three varieties- Double Fortified, Low Sodium and Refined Free Flow Iodized Salt under the ‘Amma’ Salt banner. ‘Amma Salt’, an initiative of the Tamil Nadu Salt Corporation, will now be available in the open market at prices lesser than those of private producers.
A state government release in Chennai said rates of salt by private producers in open market were Rs 25, Rs 21, and Rs 14 for Low Sodium, Double Fortified and Refined Free Flow Iodized Salt, respectively. The government will sell the same varieties of ‘Amma Salt’ at Rs 21, Rs 14 and Rs 10, it added.
The ruling AIADMK’s other freebies include rice, mixer-grinder and fans and milch animals for respective beneficiaries.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More