In yet another incident of fratricide killing in Jammu and Kashmir, an army jawan shot dead his two colleagues, including a Junior Commissioned Officer, using his service weapon at a forward location along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district on Sunday afternoon.
The jawan, identified as Sepoy Darshan Lal, later committed suicide by shooting himself with the same weapon, defence ministry spokesman Lt Colonel Maneesh Mehta said.
Pointing out that the shootout took place at forward Madan post in Degwar area, sources identified the deceased soldiers as Havaldar Ranjot Singh and JCO Subedar Chemail Singh. While the former had died on the spot, the latter succumbed to injuries on way to hospital.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Sources said that the jawan entered into an altercation with Havaldar Ranjot Singh and opened fire at him. The JCO too sustained bullet wounds when he tried to intervene, sources said.
While senior army officers rushed to the spot after hearing about the incident, the Army has ordered a court of inquiry into the matter. The police too have registered a case in the matter.