In yet another incident of fratricide killing in Jammu and Kashmir, an army jawan shot dead his two colleagues, including a Junior Commissioned Officer, using his service weapon at a forward location along the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch district on Sunday afternoon.
The jawan, identified as Sepoy Darshan Lal, later committed suicide by shooting himself with the same weapon, defence ministry spokesman Lt Colonel Maneesh Mehta said.
Pointing out that the shootout took place at forward Madan post in Degwar area, sources identified the deceased soldiers as Havaldar Ranjot Singh and JCO Subedar Chemail Singh. While the former had died on the spot, the latter succumbed to injuries on way to hospital.
Sources said that the jawan entered into an altercation with Havaldar Ranjot Singh and opened fire at him. The JCO too sustained bullet wounds when he tried to intervene, sources said.
While senior army officers rushed to the spot after hearing about the incident, the Army has ordered a court of inquiry into the matter. The police too have registered a case in the matter.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched