It was business as usual at the Information & Broadcasting Ministry’s office in Shastri Bhavan on Monday morning till minister Prakash Javadekar decided to pay a surprise visit. To his dismay, he found that a substantial number of employees had not reported to work by 9.30 am. He later directed all the latecomers to furnish a day’s casual leave.
As per ministry sources, Javadekar reached Shastri Bhavan at 9 am and decided to take a round of his ministry’s offices. One room after the other, the minister was greeted with several empty chairs with their occupants having failed to reach office in time. Javadekar then told those who were present in the office to tell the latecomers that he had come to meet them and that they should meet him.
By evening, around 40 of the “latecomers” were learnt to have filled up forms for a day’s casual leave after meeting the minister.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Javadekar emphasised on the need to be punctual and passed on strict instructions asking officials to reach office on time.
While the I&B ministry officials tried to downplay the developments, one of Javadekar’s aides, who was accompanying him and managed to click photographs of the surprise check on a cellphone, mailed the pictures to mediapersons from a private email ID late in the evening. While one of the photographs showed Javadekar greeted by a room where none of the employees were present, two more photographs showed him in conversation with employees who had reached office on time.
— raghvendra_rao (@raghvendra_rao) June 30, 2014