It was business as usual at the Information & Broadcasting Ministry’s office in Shastri Bhavan on Monday morning till minister Prakash Javadekar decided to pay a surprise visit. To his dismay, he found that a substantial number of employees had not reported to work by 9.30 am. He later directed all the latecomers to furnish a day’s casual leave.
As per ministry sources, Javadekar reached Shastri Bhavan at 9 am and decided to take a round of his ministry’s offices. One room after the other, the minister was greeted with several empty chairs with their occupants having failed to reach office in time. Javadekar then told those who were present in the office to tell the latecomers that he had come to meet them and that they should meet him.
By evening, around 40 of the “latecomers” were learnt to have filled up forms for a day’s casual leave after meeting the minister.
Javadekar emphasised on the need to be punctual and passed on strict instructions asking officials to reach office on time.
While the I&B ministry officials tried to downplay the developments, one of Javadekar’s aides, who was accompanying him and managed to click photographs of the surprise check on a cellphone, mailed the pictures to mediapersons from a private email ID late in the evening. While one of the photographs showed Javadekar greeted by a room where none of the employees were present, two more photographs showed him in conversation with employees who had reached office on time.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
— raghvendra_rao (@raghvendra_rao) June 30, 2014