A militant belonging to Pakistan- based Lashker-e-Toiba (LeT) was killed in an encounter with security forces in Budgam district of Kashmir Valley on Thursday,police said.
The militant,identified as Umar Bilal from Pakistan- occupied Kashmir,was killed in a gunfight in Hushroo village of Chadoora area of the central Kashmir district this morning,a police spokesman said.
He said a joint team of police and security forces had on Wednesday laid a cordon around the village after receiving intelligence inputs about the presence of militants in the area.
As the forces started the search operations,the militants hiding in a house in the village opened fire,following which the forces retaliated,the spokesman said.
There was intermittent firing during the night and a fierce gunfight started in the morning resulting in the killing of the ultra.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
The house was damaged in the gunfight and body of the militant was recovered from under the debris,he said.
An AK-47 assault rifle and some ammunition were recovered from the debris,the spokesman said.
The search operation was launched following the arrest of a local LeT operative Latief Ahmad Rather on Tuesday.
Based on the information provided by the arrested operative,the security forces cordoned off Ichkoot village near Chadoora but the militants had managed to escape.