Ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit, the Jammu and Kashmir government has sent the Centre a fresh rehabilitation plan for the return of Kashmiri Pandits to the Valley.
The new rehabilitation proposal keeps in consideration housing, employment and security for the Pandits. Under the proposal the state government had sought an assistance of around Rs 6,000 crore from the Centre.
The state Cabinet met under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Wednesday evening to discuss the issue. “The Cabinet also asked the Revenue department to work out modalities for implementation of the plan sent to the Union government,” an official spokesman said.The state government had formulated a plan in 2008 for the return of Kashmiri Pandits but it failed to bring them back. Thus, so the plan was revisited and revised first in 2012 and then in 2013.
Under the new proposal the state had sought money for employment of the unemployed Kashmiri Pandit youths, finance for comprehensive housing areas and security around the places where they will be rehabilitated, beside funds for soft loans and agricultural loans.
The proposal also recommended to enhance cash assistance to such families from Rs 7.5 lakh to Rs 20 lakh either for repair of ancestral houses or for construction of new ones. During his recent visit to the Valley, the Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley, who also holds the Defence portfolio, discussed the issue with the CM.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More