Indian Mujahideen (IM) co-founder Yasin Bhatkal and his aide Asadullah Akhtar were on Saturday chargesheeted by Delhi Police in connection with the September 2010 Jama Masjid terror attack case in which two Taiwani tourists had sustained bullet injuries.
The Special Cell of Delhi Police filed its final report before Additional Sessions Judge Daya Prakash against the two top IM men under various sections of the IPC including 307 (attempt to murder), 120B (criminal conspiracy) and under the provisions of Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act and the Arms Act.
The police claimed in the charge sheet that IM’s Indian chief Yasin Bhatkal was instructed by Pakistan-based handlers to carry out terror attacks just before the beginning of 2010 Commonwealth Games (CWG) which were held in Delhi.
It said the conspiracy for the attack was hatched to “dissuade foreign nations from participating in the same (CWG) and to portray the image of India, the host nation, as a weak and disturbed nation”.
The police said that in pursuance to the conspiracy, Yasin had procured one carbine and one pistol and the initial plan was to target foreign tourists at the German Bakery at Paharganj here.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
It further said that in mid 2010, accused Qateel Siddiqui, who had died under mysterious circumstances in Pune Yerawada Jail in 2012, had hurt himself due to accidental firing of the carbine and the plan to strike at German Bakery was aborted.
It said thereafter, Yasin Bhatkal planned to carry out terror strike at the Jama Masjid and on September 19, 2010, IM operatives opened fire at tourists deboarding a bus near gate number 3 of the mosque.