At least 90 people were injured in ‘Jallikattu’, or bull run, three events held in different parts of Tamil Nadu as per the guidelines of Supreme Court and Tamil Nadu Jallikattu Regulation Act.
Following long standing complaints from animal rights activists about cruelty to the animals, authorities had this time ensured that the bulls were not subjected to harassment and administered intoxicants.
While the bulls had a easy run due to this, about 50 persons sustained injuries, seven of them seriously, in the event held at Alanganallur near Madurai as part of Pongal festivities on Thursday, the police said. Those injured included bull tamers and members of the audience. The seriously injured were admitted to Government Rajaji hospital, while others were treated as out patients. Runs were also held in Tiruchirapalli.
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews