YSR Congress Party chief Jaganmohan Reddy on Friday met BJP President Rajnath Singh and sought his support against the move to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh.
Although BJP is in favour of the plan to create a separate Telangana state, Reddy said after his meeting with Singh that he hoped opposition parties would oppose the proposal to split AP.
“We (Singh and himself) had a very detailed discussion on the topic. He assured us that he would be discussing the matter with his party colleagues and a decision (on the Telangana Bill issue) would be taken very soon,” Reddy said.
“I am hopeful that wisdom would dawn upon all opposition parties and all of them would stand up against this injustice,” he added. Scenes of unprecedented pandemonium were witnessed in Lok Sabha on Thursday over the introduction of the Telangana Bill with expelled Congress member L Rajagopal even using pepper spray in the House during the chaos. The act resulted in the hospitalisation of three MPs while 16 legislators from AP were suspended over the disruption.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest