Gopinath Pillai, father of Javed Sheikh alias Pranesh Pillai, has moved an application before as special CBI court seeking arraignment of BJP leader Amit Shah and former Director General of Police, Gujarat, KR Kaushik in Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case on Friday.
Shah, a close aide of Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi and general secretary of BJP, is currently party in-charge of Uttar Pradesh. Shah is also an accused in Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case. He had been arrested in this case and is currently on bail.
Javed Sheikh had been killed along with 19-year-old Mumbai girl Ishrat Jahan, Zeeshan Johar and Amjad Ali Rana by Gujarat police. The CBI recently filed a supplementary chargesheet in this case naming four IB officials while contrary to speculation of naming BJP leader Shah.
Blaming CBI, the petitioner has claimed that the central agency ignored evidence involving Shah and Kaushik. Appearing on behalf of the petition advocate Shamshad Pathan said that court has issued notice to Shah, Kaushik and CBI and has sought reply by March 26.
It is to be noted that Shah’s name has cropped in couple of witness’s testimony as “Kali Dadhi” who reportedly knew about the encounter which CBI claimed to be stage-managed.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
“We have submitted a number of evidence against Shah and Kaushik including statements recorded by CBI which are part of chargesheet. We have moved the petition under section 319 of code of criminal procedure,” Pathan said.
On July 3, 2013 CBI had filed its first chargesheet naming seven of Gujarat police officers and claimed that the encounter was fake. The chargesheet had claimed that the encounter was a part of a joint operation by Gujarat police and IB officials including former Special Director Rajinder Kumar.
More than a month ago CBI filed its second chargesheet against four IB officials including Kumar. The chargesheet is still with CBI court which hasn’t taken the cognizance yet.