The CBI on Wednesday has said that it doesn’t have prosecutable evidence against BJP national general secretary Amit Shah and former DGP KR Kaushik in Ishrat Jahan encounter case. The CBI stated this in its reply submitted before a special court hearing a petition filed by Gopinath Pillai who has sought arraignment of these two accused in the case.
Pillai’s son Pranesh alias Javed Sheikh was one of the four persons killed by Gujarat police in a staged encounter in 2004. The CBI has chargesheeted 11 persons in the case including suspended ADGP PP Pandey, DG Vanzara, GL Singhal and four IB officials among others.
Following the submission of reply the court granted time to the complainant to argue against the reply if he wishes so on 9th May. The CBI reply comes as a relief to Shah who is an accused in Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case. He was arrested by CBI in 2010. He is currently out on bail since the last couple of years.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
KR Kaushik was Ahmedabad police commissioner when the operation was conducted. The complainant has claimed that being a commissioner Kaushik also knew about the encounter which a fake one.