The CBI on Wednesday has said that it doesn’t have prosecutable evidence against BJP national general secretary Amit Shah and former DGP KR Kaushik in Ishrat Jahan encounter case. The CBI stated this in its reply submitted before a special court hearing a petition filed by Gopinath Pillai who has sought arraignment of these two accused in the case.
Pillai’s son Pranesh alias Javed Sheikh was one of the four persons killed by Gujarat police in a staged encounter in 2004. The CBI has chargesheeted 11 persons in the case including suspended ADGP PP Pandey, DG Vanzara, GL Singhal and four IB officials among others.
Following the submission of reply the court granted time to the complainant to argue against the reply if he wishes so on 9th May. The CBI reply comes as a relief to Shah who is an accused in Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case. He was arrested by CBI in 2010. He is currently out on bail since the last couple of years.
KR Kaushik was Ahmedabad police commissioner when the operation was conducted. The complainant has claimed that being a commissioner Kaushik also knew about the encounter which a fake one.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More