Javed Sheikh, one of the Ishrat Jahan fake encounter victims, was “entrapped and lured” to visit Ahmedabad, CBI has alleged on the basis of call records showing a PCO was used to make repeated calls to the then IB Joint Director Rajinder Kumar and Sheikh within half-an hour.
The supplementary charge sheet submitted by the agency before the competent court shows that within a span of 30 minutes and in quick succession calls were made from the same PCO of Nareshmani Bhai Choudhry in Gandhinagar to numbers used by Rajinder Kumar, a Gujarat Police constable, an unknown number in UAE, number of IB office in Ahmedabad and cellphone of Javed also known as Pranesh Pillai.
Ishrat, a college student from Mumbra in Thane district adjoining Mumbai, Javed Shaikh, Amjadali Akbarali Rana and Zeeshan Johar were killed in the encounter with the Gujarat police on the outskirts of Ahmedabad on June 15, 2004.
The charge sheet says six calls were made between 11.03 PM to 11.28 PM from the same PCO on June 06, 2004 and this shows
“entrapment and allurement” of Javed to come to Ahmedabad.
CBI has also alleged IB officials Rajeev Wankhede, T Mittal and M K Sinha were part of the conspiracy to abduct Amjad Ali Rana and Jishan Johar, the victims of the encounter, with an intent to “secretly and wrongfully confine” them.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
The agency also charged Kumar was an active participant in the conspiracy to eliminate–Ishrat, Javed, Amjad and Jishan.
CBI has also produced 12 call detail records showing calls exchanged between D G Vanzara, G L Singhal,, N K Amin, Rajeev Wankhede, Tarun Barot and Mukul Sinha on June 9-10, 2004, the day Ishrat and Javed were allegedly abducted from Vasad Toll booth in Anand district of Gujarat.
CBI has said sanction for prosecuting Kumar was still pending and once it is received, the same would be submitted before the court. The agency also submitted in the charge sheet that it has investigated the resignation of Vanzara as well which has been annexed with the charge sheet.
The agency has alleged Kumar attended another meeting on June 13, 2004 where P P Pandey, the then Joint CP and Vanzara, the then Additional CP, were present at a bungalow in Shahibaug, Ahmedabad.
“On June 14, 2004, in furtherance of the criminal conspiracy, Rajinder Kumar handed over arms and ammunitions in a bag to G L Singhal, who in turn after collecting the weapons, handed over the same to Tarun A Barot through Nizamuddin Syed, PC, at Kohdiyar Farm House,” the charge sheet said.
All the four, who were allegedly in illegal confinement, were taken to a place near Kotarpur waterworks, the encounter spot, on the outskirts of the city on June 15, 2004 and were killed in cold blood, the first charge sheet said.
On the day of the encounter, Singhal, along with other officers, reached Indira Bridge Circle at around 1.30 AM. At about four AM, Ishrat, Javed and Jishan were allegedly brought at the encounter site–Kotarpur Water works–by two police officials in a blue Indica while Amjad Ali Rana was brought separately in a white Qualis, CBI charge sheet had alleged.
A police official Mohammed Shafi had driven the car and as per direction of Amin parked it across the road divider and shifted Javed to the driver’s seat from the rear seat. Rana was asked to stand behind the car, it claimed.
Once they were in position, the Crime Branch officials allegedly opened fired at them killing all four instantly.