Javed Sheikh, one of the Ishrat Jahan fake encounter victims, was “entrapped and lured” to visit Ahmedabad, CBI has alleged on the basis of call records showing a PCO was used to make repeated calls to the then IB Joint Director Rajinder Kumar and Sheikh within half-an hour.
The supplementary charge sheet submitted by the agency before the competent court shows that within a span of 30 minutes and in quick succession calls were made from the same PCO of Nareshmani Bhai Choudhry in Gandhinagar to numbers used by Rajinder Kumar, a Gujarat Police constable, an unknown number in UAE, number of IB office in Ahmedabad and cellphone of Javed also known as Pranesh Pillai.
Ishrat, a college student from Mumbra in Thane district adjoining Mumbai, Javed Shaikh, Amjadali Akbarali Rana and Zeeshan Johar were killed in the encounter with the Gujarat police on the outskirts of Ahmedabad on June 15, 2004.
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
- Hillary Clinton accuses Donald Trump of being Vladimir Putin’s ‘puppet’
- Senior UP Congress Leader Rita Bahuguna Joshi Joins BJP
- Missing JNU Student: VC Gives Ultimatum To Students Over ‘Illegal Confinement’
- US Presidential Debate: Donald Trump Calls Hillary Clinton ‘A Nasty Woman’
- Hasselblad True Zoom Mod Review
- Honor 8 First Look Video
- Apple Watch 2: Review, Price And Features
- Delhi HC Dismisses Kejriwal’s Plea For Stay In Criminal Defamation Case
- Gulzar Shares An Interesting Anecdote Behind The Lyrics of ‘Humne Dekhi Hai’ Song
- Diya Mirza Displays Her Painting Skills At An Art Festival In Mumbai
The charge sheet says six calls were made between 11.03 PM to 11.28 PM from the same PCO on June 06, 2004 and this shows
“entrapment and allurement” of Javed to come to Ahmedabad.
CBI has also alleged IB officials Rajeev Wankhede, T Mittal and M K Sinha were part of the conspiracy to abduct Amjad Ali Rana and Jishan Johar, the victims of the encounter, with an intent to “secretly and wrongfully confine” them.
The agency also charged Kumar was an active participant in the conspiracy to eliminate–Ishrat, Javed, Amjad and Jishan.
CBI has also produced 12 call detail records showing calls exchanged between D G Vanzara, G L Singhal,, N K Amin, Rajeev Wankhede, Tarun Barot and Mukul Sinha on June 9-10, 2004, the day Ishrat and Javed were allegedly abducted from Vasad Toll booth in Anand district of Gujarat.
CBI has said sanction for prosecuting Kumar was still pending and once it is received, the same would be submitted before the court. The agency also submitted in the charge sheet that it has investigated the resignation of Vanzara as well which has been annexed with the charge sheet.
The agency has alleged Kumar attended another meeting on June 13, 2004 where P P Pandey, the then Joint CP and Vanzara, the then Additional CP, were present at a bungalow in Shahibaug, Ahmedabad.
“On June 14, 2004, in furtherance of the criminal conspiracy, Rajinder Kumar handed over arms and ammunitions in a bag to G L Singhal, who in turn after collecting the weapons, handed over the same to Tarun A Barot through Nizamuddin Syed, PC, at Kohdiyar Farm House,” the charge sheet said.
All the four, who were allegedly in illegal confinement, were taken to a place near Kotarpur waterworks, the encounter spot, on the outskirts of the city on June 15, 2004 and were killed in cold blood, the first charge sheet said.
On the day of the encounter, Singhal, along with other officers, reached Indira Bridge Circle at around 1.30 AM. At about four AM, Ishrat, Javed and Jishan were allegedly brought at the encounter site–Kotarpur Water works–by two police officials in a blue Indica while Amjad Ali Rana was brought separately in a white Qualis, CBI charge sheet had alleged.
A police official Mohammed Shafi had driven the car and as per direction of Amin parked it across the road divider and shifted Javed to the driver’s seat from the rear seat. Rana was asked to stand behind the car, it claimed.
Once they were in position, the Crime Branch officials allegedly opened fired at them killing all four instantly.